mercoledì 12 settembre 2007

back to school, back to school




this week has been full of meeting new people and not understanding them. there are 11 other kids in my class, only one being male. bummer, i know. but i made some friends, of course, and can understand everyone if they talk slowly. however, the chances of a group of 12 kids sitting in a tiny room and spending time to try to talk with me about my hobbies, habits, and overall ideas about life is pretty slim. they're all...crazy. at least it sounds like it because i cant understand anything and the bell to begin class doesnt mean anything. teachers walk in 10 minutes, half and hour, or an hour late, leaving me to show off my 30 gigabyte ipod in this world of mini and nano everything. luckily, smiling is a universal gesture, and i have definitely been relying on it heavily.

the weekend before school, we went to a beach about 45 minutes away. We ate, practiced our frisbee skills, and I, once again, got caught asleep on film. We were going through the pictures that Gio took and lo and behold, my wrinkled sleep face comes up with my "Beginners Guide to Italian" on my lap. Needless to say, we've crossed more social boundaries in a week than most do in a lifetime.




I must correct my statement in the previous post that there are "dont stop" signs. Even though they were really "no parking" signs, that doesnt change the fact that all of the signs are "not rules, just guidelines."


What a country.




Nessun commento: